Bernadette McCann House offers a 16 bed emergency short-term shelter for women and children who are leaving an abusive relationship. Women 16 years of age and older can access this service. Women under 16 years of age are invited to call our Crisis Line at 613-732-3131 for support and referrals.
What will I experience at the shelter?
- Short term (free) emergency accomodations (length of time varies for each resident)
- We will assist you with a concrete SAFETY PLAN
- We will meet with you privately so you can share your situation
- We will provide you with education on abuse, referrals, resources and guidance in helping you make informed choices
- you can participate in one on one meetings and in groups
And my children?
- The Children's Caseworker will provide emotional and educational support to Mom and their children residing in the shelter
- Childcare is provided for Mom to attend appointments
- The Children's Caseworker will help your child to understand why they are at the shelter
- Assistance will be provided with school registration, referrals, resources, safety planning etc.